1) State Of The Art Festival lineup announced
The lineup for Western Australia’s State Of The Art Festival has been revealed. Karnivool, Gyroscope and Drapht are some of the big names on the all-WA lineup, as well as Bob Evans, Tired Lion, Crooked Colours and heaps more. The free, all-ages event will take place on Monday June 5th at Elizabeth Quay in Perth. For the full lineup, visit the WA Day website.
2) In Hearts Wake preview new single
Byron Bay’s In Hearts Wake this week dropped their new single ‘Passage’. ‘Passage’ is the second single off the band’s new album ‘Arc’, set for release on May 26th. In Hearts Wake will be heading off on a national tour this July.
3) Meg Mac reveals new album details
Meg Mac has announced that her long-awaited debut album ‘Low Blows’ will be released on July 14th. To celebrate, Meg Mac will be playing in Melbourne at The Forum on September 8th, and Sydney at the Enmore Theatre on September 22nd. Listen to the title track of the album below.
4) Kilter album and tour announcement
Sydney producer Kilter has unveiled album details with a national tour to follow. Kilter’s first full-length album ‘Through The Distortion’ will reach our ears on June 9th, and he will be touring the country throughout June and July before his appearance at Splendour In The Grass. For tour dates, visit Kilter’s Facebook page.
5) House vs. Hurricane are working on an album, release single
Melbourne band House vs. Hurricane announced their hiatus in 2013, four years later and they’re making music together again. House vs. Hurricane excited fans with a reunion at Unify: A Heavy Music Gathering earlier this year, and have now revealed their comeback single ‘Give It Up’. ‘Give It Up’ is off the band’s new album ‘Filth’, expected for release in June.
MELBOURNE GIG GUIDE
Saturday April 29th
- Baby Giant at The Workers Club (Fitzroy)
- Chasing Ghosts at BANG! (Royal Melbourne Hotel)
- Honey Badgers at The Tote
- Tenderloins at The Brunswick East
- The Griswolds at Howler
Sunday April 30th
- Loobs at The Gasometer Hotel
- Pro Vita at The Old Bar
- Still Movement at Bar Open
- The Thoughts at Cherry Bar
- Jo Mears Band at Labour In Vain